SUMMER CAMP 2018
EXPERIENCE the wonders of you through art, yoga & mindfulness!
Get a taste of the artist’s way & let your imagination soar!
Join the excitement as we explore a variety of art mediums & create out of this world works of art! Draw. Paint. Sculpt with clay.Mess with paper maché. Cast with plaster. Learn about an Artist every day! Create a dramatic scene with back drops and costumes as you express yourself in drama & puppetry!
Celebrate with your family & friends as you share & show off your stuff at the MESSY HANDS Art Show on the final day of camp! Get ready to have loads of fun & get MESSY!
What Our Camp Looks like:
Each Day Students will...
1. Use their sketchbooks to learn about an element of design and apply the learned concept using various media such as pencil, conte, pastels, markers & paint.
2. Explore the life of a Master Artist and apply his/her techniques in an artwork.
3. Create a project based on students' ideas using different media such as paint, clay,wood, plaster, fabric & more!
4. Explore the outdoors and create in collaboration with nature and with each other.
5. Lean tools and techniques to manage worries, stress and anxiety.
Each week, students will...
1. Create a collective work of art!
2. Collectively create a drama presentation/puppe/art show!
3. Display their artwork at the MESSY HANDS Art Show at the end of each camp week!
Each day will focus on some yoga & mindfulness and exploring self expression through Drawing, Painting & Sculpture using a variety of Multimedia to create in keeping with our adventures: (We use an inquiry based approach & we ask students what they'd like to learn, create and explore during their week at camp. Together we find a connection between everyone's ideas (and we always do find a way to connect ideas-this is what makes our camp so exciting and adventurous!) Our creations are based on the students' ideas! A great way to share and honour each other!
Camp Location: Stretching Canvas Art & Yoga Studio @ 12994 Keele St. King City (upstairs)
(Keele and King Rd)
Ages, Camp Times & Cost
Half Day Program
Ages: JK - Grade 6 (divided into age specific groups)
Time options: 9:00am-11:30am or 1:00pm-3:30pm
Fee: $170.00 /week
NB: Art & Mindfulness for Youth is for 10-15yrs
Full Day Program
Ages: JK - Grade 6 (divided into age specific groups)
Fee: $307.00 /week
Method of Payment
Cash or Cheque or e-transfer to email@example.com -(Please make cheque payable to 'Stretching Canvas') or pay online with a credit card in our 'PURCHASE' section or click the botton at the top of this page.
How to Register
1. By Phone or by e-mail or drop off registration.
2. Complete the Registration Form (see below) making sure it is signed & all information has been included. Please use a separate form for each child. If you are paying by cheque, please mail in your registration to:
Messy Hands-c/oTiziana D'Angelo 169 McClure Drive King City, ON L7B1C1
3. Registration Forms are processed on a first come, first served basis.
4. Registration Forms must be accompanied by payment in full.
Refund & Cancellation Policies
1. There will be no refunds, transfers or credits issued as of the first class.
2. Should the week be cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be notified one week prior to the start of the course & a full refund will be issued immediately.
3. Registrants may cancel, without penalty, up to 10 days before the first class.
A $25.00 administration fee will be charged should you cancel with less than the 10 days of the first class.
We do not offer before or after class care.
Parents are to provide a lunch & snacks daily; except on Fridays.
Friday is a pizza lunch provided by MESSY HANDS.
We are a nut-safe environment. Peanut & nut products must be excluded from your child's lunch & snacks.
Class size is limited to 16yrs.
Teacher to student Ratio is 1:8
Art & Yoga Classes
with Yoga & Art Explorations
$198/6 weeks begins Thursday January 18th to February 22nd @ 4:45pm-6:15pm (Ages 5-11)
Mindfulness techniques, yoga stretches and breathwork will begin each session. We believe that connecting with our breath and body helps bring calm the mind and ground the body and observe our feelings so that we can delve into our creative work! Students will then learn about a master artist or delve into an intuitive painting, clay, fibre arts explorations each week and discover new techniques all while creating their own masterpiece and understanding themselves a little bit more through honouring their own style! Art Show & celebration will conclude on the final session on February 22nd.
Reserve your spot today!
Teen Girls Yoga & Art
7 weeks beginning Tuesday January 16th to February 27th 2018 @ 4:15pm-5:45pm Max.12 students $210
This course promotes health and wellbeing through yoga stretches and breath work to help bring balance and harmony within the body, mind, heart and soul.
Class begins with some mindfulness techniques and meditation which helps ground and focus within as students begin to build heat in the body while learning yoga postures then moving into a vinyasa flow, preparing for the final pose of the class--Relaxation. Students learn techniques to calm the mind, listen and honour the body, as well as build strength and flexibility. This class includes 1 hour of yoga and a 30minute art exploration.
Sign up here!
PARENT & CHILD( 15mo-3yrs) CLASSES:
Explorations & Discoveries:
A Parent & Child Mindful Movement & Art Program
Practice conscious, present moment awareness as you observe your child explore fabulous materials, while creating, and making meaningful memories and connections together.
Yoga and mindful movement will be explored together as well as various art materials and mediums.
By observing and allowing the child to play, explore and discover materials, new learning and ways to approach materials emerge.
This inquiry based approach encourages the beautiful parent-child relationship, community with other members of the class, and the connections the child creates with him/herself and their world through these materials.
NOTE: This course is about honouring the inherent wisdom that is already present in each child. Parental support and opportunities to explore materials in a safe & encouraging space is what we are providing. Children will not always go home with an art project. Children will however get their own canvas, clay and fabric piece to take home. We have no idea where the children will take the experiences so in this sense, we are flying by the seat of our pants! :)
1. Begins Friday January 19th to March 1st 2018 at 9:30-10:45am OR
2. Saturdays February 3rd to April 7th 2018 10:30-11:45am
Investment: $280 +HST
Explorations for each class:
Class 1: Discovering Papers
Class 2: Charcoal & Chalk
Class 3: Paints-Fluid & Thick
Class 4: Flowing Fabric & Yarn
Class 5: Messing with Clay
Class 6: Light & Shadow
Class 7: Revisiting Materials
Birthday Parties & Celebrations
Stretching Canvas offers YOGA & ART Birthday Parties for ages 6 & up! Cost is $285 for up to 10 children which includes yoga (optional) and an art activity for each party guest. Each additional guest over the minimum of 10 is $15. You provide the nut-safe food and drink.
Art Activity Choices: Canvas Painting, Clay Sculpture or Tie Dye T-Shirts
We also offer night parties for all ages & occasions $40pp (add a meditation or yoga for an additional $10pp): Bachelorette Parties, Milestone Birthdays, Date Nights, or a for a simple night out with friends!