Parent & Child Explorations & Discoveries-Saturday January 19th to February 23rd 2019
SKU: Parent & Child: Explorations &
PARENT & CHILD( 18mo-3.5yrs) Explorations & Discoveries:: A Parent & Child Mindful Movement & Art Program
- Practice conscious, present moment awareness as you observe your child explore fabulous materials, while creating, and making meaningful memories and connections together.
- Yoga and mindful movement will be explored together as well as various art materials and mediums.
- By observing and allowing the child to play, explore and discover materials, new learning and ways to approach materials emerge.
- This inquiry based approach encourages the beautiful parent-child relationship, community with other members of the class, and the connections the child creates with him/herself and their world through these materials.
- NOTE: This course is about honouring the inherent wisdom that is already present in each child. Parental support and opportunities to explore materials in a safe & encouraging space is what we are providing. Children will not always go home with an art project. Children will however get their own canvas, clay and textile piece to take home. We have no idea where the children will take their experience and it is in this time and space that makes this course so unpredictable and so very exciting!
- Upcoming Courses:
- Winter Session begins Saturday January 19th to February 23rd 2018 @10:30am-12pm (There is no class on Family Day Weekend- February 9th)
- Spring Session begins Saturday April 6th to May 11th (There is no class on Easter weekend -April 20th)
- Investment: $365 +HST
Explorations for each class: (not necessarily in this order as we build each week on the previous class learnings)
- Class 1: Papers, Chalk & Charcoal
- Class 2: Paints-Fluid & Thick
- Class 3: Flowing Fabric & Yarn
- Class 4: Messing with Clay
- Class 5: Light & Shadow