Half Day Camp Afternoons Week 3- July 18-22nd 2020
TEEN ART CAMP 2022
EXPERIENCE the wonders of you through art, yoga & mindfulness!
Get a taste of the artist’s way & let your imagination soar!
Join the excitement as we explore a variety of art mediums & create out-of-this-world works of art! Draw. Paint. Sculpt with clay. Tie-Dye. Cast with plaster. Mess with all kinds of wonderful materials. Learn about an Artist every day! Create a dramatic scene with backdrops and costumes as you express yourself in drama & puppetry!
Celebrate with your family & friends as you share & show off your stuff at the MESSY HANDS Art Show on the final day of camp! Get ready to have loads of fun & get MESSY!
What Our Camp Looks like:
Each Day Students will...
1. Use their sketchbooks to learn about an element of design and apply the learned concept using various media such as pencil, conte, pastels, markers & paint.
2. Explore the life of a Master Artist and apply his/her techniques in an artwork.
3. Create a project based on students' ideas using different media such as paint, clay, wood, plaster, fabric & more!
4. Explore the outdoors and create in collaboration with nature and with each other.
5. Self regulation-Lean tools and techniques to be healthly, manage worries, stress, and anxiety through yoga + mindfulness techniques.
Each week, students will...
1. Create a collective work of art!
2. Collectively create a drama presentation/puppe/art show!
3. Display their artwork at the MESSY HANDS Art Show at the end of each camp week!
Each day will focus on 15-20min of yoga & mindfulness. We then begin with self-expression through drawing, painting, sculpture or textiles based on our created topic of the week:
NB: We use an inquiry-based approach in our programs. We begin the week by asking students what they'd like to learn, create and explore at camp. Together we find a connection between everyone's ideas (and we always do find a way to connect ideas)-this is what makes our camp so fun, unique, exciting and adventurous!) Our creations are based on the students' ideas! This is a great way to collaborate and honor each other!
Camp Location: Tiz's Home Studio in King City
(Keele and King Rd)
Ages, Camp Times & Cost
Time options: 9:00am-11:30am or 1:00pm-3:30pm
Pay online below.
A registration form will be emailed to you.
Refund & Cancellation Policies
1. There will be no refunds, transfers, or credits issued as of the first class.
2. Should the week be cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be notified one week prior to the start of the course & a full refund will be issued immediately.
3. Registrants may cancel, without penalty, up to 10 days before the first class.
A $25.00 administration fee will be charged should you cancel within less than 10 days of the first class.
We do not offer before or after-class care.
Parents are to provide lunch & snacks daily; except on Fridays.
Friday is a pizza lunch provided by MESSY HANDS.
Class size is limited to 8
Teacher to student ratio is 1:8