- Half Day Camp Week 6 August 28th - Sept 1st 2021
Half Day Camp Week 6 August 28th - Sept 1st 2021
Please note: Once you complete payment below, you are signed up. You will then recieve an email within 48hrs to complete a registration form where you can then specify half day mornings (9-11:30am) or half day afternoons (1-3:30pm).
EXPERIENCE the wonders of you through art, yoga & mindfulness!
Get a taste of the artist’s way & let your imagination soar!
Join the excitement as we explore a variety of art mediums & create out-of-this-world works of art! Draw. Paint. Sculpt with clay. Tie-Dye. Nature art. Mess with all kinds of wonderful materials. Learn about an Artist every day! Create a dramatic scene with backdrops and costumes as you express yourself in drama & puppetry!
Celebrate with your family & friends as you share your art at the MESSY HANDS Art Show on the final day of camp (Friday at 2:45pm)! Get ready to have loads of fun & get MESSY!
What Our Camp Looks like:
Each Day Students will...
1. Use their sketchbooks to learn about an element of design and apply the learned concept using various media such as pencil, conte, pastels, markers & paint.
2. Explore the life of a Master Artist and apply his/her techniques in an artwork.
3. Create a project based on students' ideas using different media such as paint, clay, wood, plaster, fabric & more!
4. Explore the outdoors and create in collaboration with nature and with each other.
5. Self regulation-Lean tools and techniques to be healthly, manage worries, stress, and anxiety through yoga + mindfulness techniques.
Each week, students will...
1. Create a collective work of art!
2. Collectively create a drama presentation/puppet/art show!
3. Display their artwork at the MESSY HANDS Art Show at the end of each camp week!
Each day will focus on 15-20min of yoga & mindfulness. We then begin with self-expression through drawing, painting, sculpture or textiles based on our created topic of the week.
NB: We use an inquiry-based approach in our programs. We begin the week by asking students what they'd like to learn, create and explore at camp. Together we find a connection between everyone's ideas (and we always do find a way to connect ideas)-this is what makes our camp so fun, unique, exciting and adventurous!) Our creations are based on the student's ideas! This is a great way to collaborate and honor each other!
Camp Location: Tiz's Home Studio in King City
(Keele and King Rd)
Age: 4-12 (divided into age specific groups)
Full Day Camp Times: 9:00am-3:30pm
Half Day Camp Times: 9:00am - 11:30am (mornings) OR 1:00pm-3:30pm
A registration form will be emailed to you to complete your child's information.
Refund & Cancellation Policies
1. There will be no refunds, transfers, or credits issued as of the first class.
2. Should the week be cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be notified one week prior to the start of the course & a full refund will be issued immediately.
3. Registrants may cancel, without penalty, up to 30 days before the first class. Should you cancel within less than 30 days before the camp start date, a credit will be issued to you.
- We do not offer before or after-class care.
- Parents are to provide lunch & snacks daily; except on Fridays.
- Friday is a pizza lunch provided by MESSY HANDS.
- Class size is limited to 16
- Teacher to student ratio is 1:8